Thursday, 21 October 2010

Baby Wagoneer Lightswitch revisited

The light switch I installed a while ago was not working right. One day the light wouldn't even switch off. Intermittent nuisance then. It was very difficult to see the connector hidden behind the dash. Fitting the switch could only be done by "Feel". After some more feeling I felt that the connector was not connecting well. To be able to see the wires better I decided to cut a round hatch so I could see the connections. And yes, the main connector for the brown wire was not fully home. So now everything is back in place and I have an access hatch for the switch hidden by a home made aluminium cover fastened by a few tiny screws. It doesn't look bad at all. Another job done!