When the car was parked in 2007, the exhaust had a few small leaks. Now these small leaks had rusted beyond patching with exhaust paste. A new exhaust would have been easy to buy and fit, but I decided to use a silencer I had saved in the loft for just such an occasion. To fit the silencer a straight piece of exhaust pipe was used to construct the necessary bends.
These are the old silencers. Rusted and tired, leaning on the shiny new pipe.
To make some bends a v-shaped cut was made in the pipe. After it was bent in the desired angle, the cuts were welded up. I also used a few (almost)rustfree bends from the old pipe.
Here's the finished pipe
The fuel pump had died ca 2009, so the old one was removed and a new one fitted under the bonnet. The writing on the fuel pump states:" Japan", but I'm pretty sure I bought it from China. Yes it was cheap, so I'll carry a spare. Also the engine oil and filter were changed and the carburetors were cleaned.
The old water pump was very noisy, so it was replaced by a shiny new one.