Tuesday 12 June 2018

Another Gazelle sewing machine!

I bet this is another Haid und Neu manufactured machine. It has the same script as our other Gazelle. But this is a much older machine, though I have no means ot dating it yet. This one is a vibrating shuttle machine, so it is in the Singer 127 class. I found it in a second hand store. The box was locked and there was no key. What I could see through the gap looked shin, so I thought it was promising enough to buy it. When I got home I found the other Gazelle had a key that fitted. The machine that emerged is a real beauty.
 Script is the same as the other Gazelle.
 Though it was dusty, the black laquer is in perfect condition and everything works like it should.
 This needlepad still had some sharp needles.

 When I opened the machine I found this message from the past, giving clear instructions how to spool the bobbin.
 Clever chain to keep the machine balanced when open.

 I only had to thread the top wire to have the machine sew without any issues.
This is a special lamp for the Gazelle it even has Gazelle on the bulb. The bulb is dead, but I'm not sure if I'll renew it.