A random selection of posts about travel and tinkering with mechanical machines. Mostly cars from 1937 to 1999, manufactured in English speaking parts of the world, but also kayaks and sewing machines. So here you can see how we travel, drive, paddle, break fix and find on a regular basis.
It seemed the brakes on the Ten needed cleaning and adjustment. While up on the ramp I cleaned up the chassis a bit too after an oil change and a dirty session with the grease gun.
Got a new top hose too. This seems to be a rather heavy duty item. I thought it didn't look entirely right, but the "correct" one I ordered looked a little bit flimsy, so I'll keep that as a spare for now.
Mechanical brakes all cleaned and the linkages greased.
The ignition contact points needed cleaning and adjustment too. I'm still debating if I'll change to some form of electronic ignition or keep the classic points system.